The Stamford English Language Academy (SELA) is designed for beginner to advanced ESL students who want to bring their English language skills to a higher level. It is a serious academic program taught by ESL professionals with many years of ESL teaching experience at some of the most highly regarded ESL programs in the area, including the University of Connecticut/Stamford.
SELA offers a variety of courses at the beginner to advanced levels in all of the essential English language skills: speaking, writing, reading, and listening.
SELA is not a remedial or 'basic literacy' program. It is an academically oriented program where you can expect to work hard and make significant strides in your English language skills. Homework assignments are given at each class session.
Whether you are a foreign corporate executive for whom English proficiency is a professional necessity, or are working to improve your English language skills for a job advancement, or you hope to eventually pursue higher education in the United States, SELA has something to offer you. This program is open to all students in the Tri-state area.
- 14-Week Winter Spring 2018 Semester: January 16 through May 3, 2018, morning & evening classes available
- Cost of Classes: 4 hours/week: $319 plus *
- New - Friday Morning class - Intermediate Conversation & Writing Workshop, 14 sessions/
2 hr. class $165.00
- Click on this link for - Our current class offerings
How to Register
- Registration Appointments: Registration will be discussed with program manager.
Daytime registration dates: Call (203) 977-4211
Evening registration dates: Call (203) 977-4211
Please complete the following registration form , print and bring it to your scheduled appointment with the $10 fee. You may also fax the completed form to (203) 324-9441.
We will contact you to confirm your appointment.
*Registration Fee: $10 for each student
*** If you have met or spoken to our program teacher and know your recommended course selection, you may register online.
- Call (203) 977-4211 or come to the Office of Adult & Continuiing Education at Old Town Hall, 175 Atlantic St., Stamford, CT 06901
Back to Top